My child was bit by my neighbor’s dog. What should I do?

You should first seek medical attention if needed. Then contact the North St. Paul Police Department by calling 651-747-2406. 

After hours, call Ramsey County Dispatch at 651-747-2507 

The department will then send an officer or community service officer to take the report. We will then require the animal to be quarantined for 10 days. At the end of the 10 days, North St. Paul Police will check the dog to ensure it is healthy and then follow up with the victim. Any dog that has bitten someone more than once may be declared potentially dangerous. Depending on the severity of the bite, the dog may be declared potentially dangerous or dangerous after 1 incident. This is another reason we require people to report dog bites.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a pet license?
2. Is a kennel license required for three dogs?
3. What information is needed for an officer to respond an animal complaint?
4. There is a dog running loose in my neighborhood. What can be done about this?
5. My neighbor’s dog barks continuously when they are not home. What should I do?
6. You picked up my dog. How can I get it back?
7. My child was bit by my neighbor’s dog. What should I do?
8. We have a stray cat in the neighborhood. Does the Police Department pick up cats?
9. I have a raccoon that keeps getting in my garbage or bird feeder. Can the Police Department help me?
10. There is an injured bird in my yard. Will you pick it up?