Arts & Culture Commission looking for student commissioners
The North St. Paul Arts & Culture Commission is now accepting applications for two student commissioners to join their team. The Arts & Culture Commission works with the city council, local community, and artists to promote and increase the City's artistic and cultural assets. Learn more about the commission here.
Students interested in applying must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of North St. Paul and living in the City limits
- Must be between the ages of 14-18 and enrolled in an area school
- Must be available for the Arts & Culture Commission meeting on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the North St. Paul City Hall
- Must have occasional availability for participation in community events
- Must make a year-long commitment to the commission
Students interested in this opportunity must
- Complete the application form
- Provide a letter of recommendation from an employer, teacher, coach, mentor, peer or any non-familial adult
- Provide a statement of interest as an essay or video expressing their interest in joining the commission. Please use this opportunity to tell the commission about yourself, your interests, goals, why you'd like to join the commission, and why you love North St. Paul. Submitted essays should be between 250-500 words. Video submissions should be 3 minutes or less.