Hometown Holiday Lights Contest
The North St. Paul Business Association has teamed up with the City to once again host the annual Hometown Holiday Lights Contest. North St. Paul residents and businesses are encouraged to register their holiday light displays to be considered for this year's contest.
Register your City of North St. Paul residence or business for our Hometown Holiday Lights Display Contest online here.
All participating addresses will be posted at northstpaul.org/holidaylights and may be promoted on the City of North St. Paul’s communication channels including the website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and City e-news.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to submit photos of their display to firstname.lastname@example.org, and to tag their photos on social media with the hashtag #northstpaulholidaylights
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best display residential first place
- Best display residential second place
- Best display North St. Paul Staff, Council, and or Commission members*
- Best business display
- Online Registration is Open from November 23 through December 10, 2022.
- Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. on December 10, 2022.
- Entries will be judged from the street after dark between December 12-16, 2022
- Entries will be judged anonymously by a committee from the City and the North St. Paul Business Association.
- Winners will be announced at the final City Council meeting of the year on Tuesday, December 20 by a representative from the North St. Paul Business Association.
- Award-winning addresses will be published and promoted on the City of North St. Paul’s communication channels and to local media outlets.
- *City of North St. Paul staff, Council, and/or commission members may participate but are not eligible for cash prizes.
- Displays may not extend into the public right-of-way
- Prize winners from 2021 may participate but are ineligible for prizes
The following prizes will be awarded by the North St. Paul Business Association:
- First place $200 and a Laka Cooler
- Second place $100 and a Laka Cooler
- Free membership to the North St. Paul Business Association for 2023 ($150 value)
Prizes are sponsored by the North St. Paul Business Association.