The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has stated that 52 percent of Minnesota is experiencing severe drought. Under the current conditions, it will take at least three to five inches of precipitation spread over two weeks to reduce drought conditions. Residents are encouraged to reduce water usage.
The City of North St. Paul currently has no watering bans in place and has sufficient water resources to cover our needs at this time, but it's always a good idea to conserve water whenever possible.
Here are some tips to consider for water conservation:
- Turn off sink faucets while brushing your teeth
- Run dishwashers when it's fully loaded
- Take shorter showers
- Only water lawns when needed and during the coolest part of the day.
- Wash only full loads of laundry
- Try to refrain from washing cars and power washing buildings
- Look into water-efficient appliances
Learn more about water conservation here.