Downtown Street Improvement Project
Downtown Street Improvement Project Set to Begin Monday, July 20
The City of North St. Paul, our contractors and engineers are ready to begin work on the Downtown Street Improvement Project. This project includes:
- installation of new utilities (sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer)
- concrete street surfacing
- new sidewalks
- new traffic signal
- street lighting
- and a variety of plantings
- The project is expected to begin on Monday, July 20 with work on the sanitary sewer on the alley north of 4th Ave. Once crews complete the connections, they will work their way up 7th Ave. from Helen Street.
- Construction crews will continue with utility and street reconstruction on Margaret St. and 7th Ave. as shown in the project area above. This stretch of Margaret St. will remain closed. Additional closures on Margaret St. and 7th Ave. will occur as the project advances.
- The project is scheduled to be completed in late-October pending any weather delays or other unforeseen complications.
4th Avenue Alley Access: Beginning Monday, July 20
- The sanitary sewer work will begin in the alley north of 4th Ave. E. Residents along the alley must park on 4th Ave. until our contractors have the work completed and the alley surface is drivable.
- Apartment residents must access their parking lot through the public parking lot off of 7th Ave.
Traffic & Access to 7th Ave.
- Detours will be posted on Margaret St. to direct traffic around the project.
- 7th Ave. will be closed to all but local traffic at Helen St.
7th Ave. Closes to Traffic on Monday, August 3
- The traffic signal will be removed from the intersection of Margaret St and 7th Ave.
- Crews will continue utility work on 7th Ave for the next several weeks
- The City of North St. Paul will keep access to the public sidewalks on 7th Ave as long as possible.
Thank you for your Patience
We understand this project is inconvenient for our residents, our businesses and their customers. City staff will provide timely updates and instructions as this project proceeds. Once completed this project will bring major improvements to the appearance and function of 7th Ave. and to our downtown district for the entire City. Please note, there are no city assessments to your property for these improvements.
We’re Here to Help
In addition to regular updates from the City, our construction crews may interact with you as well. If you have questions, please contact us at:
- projects @northstpaul.org
- 24/7 public works & electrical utility emergency 651-747-2417
Know others who would like to receive these updates? They can sign up for email, and or text alerts here.
Together we are #NorthStPaulStrong.