Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Collection Service
Contracted Citywide Service
The City of North St. Paul has provided contracted citywide garbage and recycling service to its residential customers since 2001. On Tuesday, July 16, 2019, the North St. Paul City Council approved Tennis Sanitation, LLC as a hauler for residential customers in North St. Paul.
About Our Hauler
Tennis Sanitation is a family-owned and operated local company that has served area customers since 1966 and has served the residents of North St. Paul since September 2019.
Single Hauler Savings to Residents
The contracted residential garbage and recycling services are set to provide savings of 5.42% to 18.97% depending on your container size compared to the prior rates under multiple haulers. Along with the new rates, the City absorbed a nearly 19% increase in disposal costs by the Ramsey / Washington Recycling & Energy Board.
Tennis Sanitation provides weekly service to North St. Paul residents:
- Tuesday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
City staff will confirm your collection day when you begin your service. You can view our current garbage/recycling pick-up schedule here.
Residents are encouraged to place their garbage and recycling containers at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on collection day. The City of North St. Paul recommends placing your containers at the curb no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the day before pickup.
Containers should be placed within 2 feet of the curb and 3-4 feet away from all objects including other carts. Do not place your carts on the street.
Selecting Your Service
- Garbage: Residents may select a 35, 65, 95, or 160-gallon service. The 160-gallon service is two 95-gallon containers)
- Recycling: Residents may also select a 35, 65, or 95-gallon recycling container. The City of North St. Paul offers single-stream recycling. Learn more about it here.
- Yard Waste Service is an optional service that is billed monthly for service from mid-April through mid-November. Learn more about this option here.
- Start/stop or modify your service
|North St. Paul Garbage & Recycling Monthly Rates|
|Solid Waste Management Tax (SWM) 9.75%||$0.75||$1.08||$1.33||$2.40|
|County Environmental Charge (CEC) 28%||$2.16||$3.10||$3.81||$6.90|
|Recycling Tax or CEC||$7.50||$7.50||$7.50||$7.50|
No Tax or CEC
or on-call bag service $2.00
County Environmental Charge (CEC)
Ramsey County’s CEC rate is 28% for residential customers. It applies to trash collection and disposal service, fuel surcharges, account start-up or cancellation fees and any other administrative fees. It does not apply to construction and demolition waste, recyclables, medical and infectious waste, organic materials collected for composting and certain types of industrial waste. County Environmental Charge Information (PDF)
Solid Waste Management (SWM) Tax
The Solid Waste Management (SWM) Tax applies to services for both mixed municipal solid waste and non-mixed municipal solid waste. Solid Waste Management Tax Information (PDF)
All customer service is handled by the City of North St. Paul. Please call our direct line at
651-747-2416 or email@example.com to:
- Report a missed pick up, report a damaged cart, change cart size, start or stop service or to schedule a bulk pick up.