Fireworks Permits

Fireworks Regulations

The sale, possession and use of certain non-explosive and non-aerial consumer fireworks is now permitted in Minnesota. Examples of legal fireworks include items such as sparklers, cones and tubes that emit sparks, and novelty items like snakes, and party poppers. 

Retail Sale of Fireworks

The City of North St. Paul requires a permit for the retail sale of fireworks within the City. If you wish to sell fireworks in North St. Paul, you must complete the following permit.

The North St. Paul Fire Department will proceed with a site inspection to check for compliance with the City Ordinance. Consumer fireworks may not be used on public property (i.e. parks, roads, alleys, schools, government property, etc.). Purchasers of consumer fireworks must be at least 18 years old and retailers are required to check photo identification of purchasers before selling these products. Explosive and aerial fireworks are prohibited for public sale, possession and use. Prohibited fireworks include firecrackers, bottle rockets, missiles, Roman candles, mortars and shells.


Portable Structure Sale of Fireworks

If you plan to sell fireworks out of a portable structure (tent of trailer) you must submit a:

Display of Fireworks & Pyrotechnics

If you're planning a fireworks/pyrotechnics display, you must submit the following: