Trenching Permit

Contractors conducting engaged in installing or constructing sewage disposal and water distribution systems in the City must be licensed annually.

Regulatory authority:

Chapter 110. 27 of the Municipal Codde

Licensing fees:

Application requirements:

  • Name, address and phone number of the applicant
  • Pipelayer certification
  • Insurance required. No license granted shall take effect until the applicant shall file with the City Manager public liability and property damage insurance policies.
  • Bond required. No license shall be granted until the applicant executes and deposits with the City Manager a corporate surety bond in an amount determined by Council resolution
  • Gopher State One Call requires all excavators to read and follow the terms in this state statute
  • Any work impacting the City's water and/or sewer services will require an AsBuilt deposit and a compiled AsBuilt document following the work.

Review procedure:

  • Application submittal
  • Review of application for completeness
  • Issuance

Apply online:

Trenching Contractor License Application