- City Services
- Utility Billing
- Energy Saving Programs
- Water Utility Rebate
Water Utility Rebate
The City of North St. Paul, in partnership with the Metropolitan Council, is offering our North St. Paul single-family residents rebates for replacing their toilets with WaterSense-approved products.
Get up to $250 when you install an EPA Water Sense Toilet. By replacing an older toilet with an EPA Water Sense Toilet, you can save up to 15,708 gallons of water per year.
Get up to $450 when you purchase an Energy Star Labeled Dishwasher. An Energy Star Labeled Dishwasher can save up to 387 gallons of water per year.
Wash Machine Rebate
Get up to $450 when you purchase an Energy Star Labeled Wash Machine. An Energy Star Labeled Wash Machine can save up to 3,385 gallons of water per year.
Please note: The eligible dishwasher and wash machines are now eligible for 2 rebates from the City of North St. Paul.
- Electric rebate of $25
- Water rebate of $450
Water Utility Rebate Terms
- All owner-occupied City of North St. Paul, single-family residential water customers with accounts in good standing are eligible to apply for this rebate.
- Rebates are issued first-come, first-serve
- New construction and new development are not eligible at this time
- Each account is limited to
- two toilet rebate claims
- The toilet tank and bowl must have the US EPA WaterSense Label. To see if your toilet qualifies visit the WaterSense Product Listings
- one dishwasher rebate claim
- The dishwasher must have the EnergyStar Label. To see if your dishwasher qualifies visit energystar.gov
- one wash machine rebate claim
- The wash machine must have the EnergyStar Label. To see if your wash machine qualifies visit energystar.gov
- two toilet rebate claims
- Multi-unit rental complexes do not qualify for this rebate
- You must have a North St. Paul water utility account to be eligible
- To be eligible you must have purchased and installed your toilet after April 1, 2022
- You must upload your receipts, and invoice for installation (if applicable) and provide information on the make and model.
- All rebates are issued as utility bill credits. No rebate checks will be issued.
- The applicant is responsible for securing permits necessary for the work, if required.
- Rebate terms are subject to change at any time.
- The City will rebate 90% of the cost of the toilet and any contractor installation fees up to $250. For example, if you purchase a toilet for $200 your rebate is limited to $180
- The City will rebate 90% of the cost of the dishwasher and any contractor installation fees up to $450. For example, if you purchased a dishwasher for $200 your rebate is limited to $180.
- The City will rebate 90% of the cost of the washing machine and any contractor installation fees up to $450. For example, if you purchased a washing machine for $200 your rebate is limited to $180.
- A copy of the original purchase receipt and invoice for installation (if applicable) must be provided with the completed application.
- The receipt must clearly identify the make, model and date of purchase.
- If the resident directly purchased the toilet, dishwasher, or wash machine themselves and the receipt does not contain the make and model, City staff will need to be able to verify the SKU provided on the receipt to the retailer's website to ensure it is a qualifying appliance.
Apply for a Water Utility Rebate from the City of North St. Paul
Applying for a Utility Rebate from the City of North St. Paul is easy and secure.
- Create a user account on our Citizen Services Platform
- Complete the appropriate rebate application
- Easily upload your invoices, receipts and other requested documents
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
- Approved utility rebates will be credited to your North St. Paul Utility bill.
Apply for a Toilet Rebate Online
Apply for a Dishwasher Rebate Online
Apply for a Wash Machine Rebate Online