Design Review Commission
- 4th Thursday of every month
- 5 p.m.
- City Hall
2400 Margaret Street
North St. Paul, MN 55109
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Candy Petersen, Council Representative
- Deb Fairbanks, Commission Member
- Erin Perdu, Planning Consultant - Staff Contact
- Joe Stahlmann, Commission Member
- Lou Ann Stevens, Commission Member
- Patrick Blees, Commission Member
- Paul Anderson, Chair
The Commission acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The objectives of the Commission are to encourage the harmonious growth and appearance of structures and property within the City; Preserve the historical heritage of the City; Maintain property values and improve property values throughout the City by complying with the design regulations of the Zoning Code; Encourage the physical development of the City as intended by the city’s Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Code. Qualifications. Voting Members shall be persons who:
- Demonstrate interest and/or expertise in historic preservation. If available, at least 2 members of the Commission shall be preservation-related professionals who meet the professional qualifications standards established by the United States Secretary of the Interior and the State Historic Preservation office.
- Are able to read and interpret architectural drawings and to judge the effect the proposed building, structure, or sign has upon the surrounding community.
- Understand historical aspects of the community and desire to maintain this.
- Are willing and able to commit their time and effort to the Commission.
- Either lives and/or owns a business in the City. Occasionally it is necessary to have a joint meeting with the Planning Commission, which is scheduled as needed.
There are 5 members plus staff and council representatives who serve on this board. Each member serves a 3-year term.