The Planning Commission is responsible for advising the council on land use decisions such as: development, implementation and amendments to the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations. The Commission reviews and provides recommendations regarding land use and zoning permit applications, conducts site plan review, and review of proposed capital improvements and public land acquisitions/disposals.
Commissions are citizen-advisory boards responsible for advising the City Council on matters within the commission’s area of expertise. They hold hearings, receive evidence, conduct investigations, and on the basis of such hearings, evidence and investigations, make decisions and recommendations to the Council.
Commissions meet on a monthly basis, however, several additional meetings have been added to the 2019 meeting schedule. Meetings take place at City Hall in the Council Chambers, for anywhere between 1 and 3 hours per session. Commission members commit to a 3-year term, and are governed by City Ordinance and bylaws of their own creation. Commissioners have opportunities to pursue continuing education courses in their particular field. There are 6 members who serve on the Commission plus staff and Council representatives.
Membership Applications & Eligibility
The City of North St. Paul is now accepting applications to fill openings on the Planning Commission. Please fill out and submit the Membership Application Form to apply. North St. Paul residents or business owners.
Submitting Agenda Items
Agenda items are submitted by the Wednesday prior to the week of a Planning Commission meeting date. Occasionally it is necessary to have a joint meeting with the Design and Historical Review Commission, which is scheduled as needed. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Molly Just, Staff Liaison - City Planner WSB & Associates
- Olivia Boerschinger, Planning Commission Secretary
- Tom Sonnek, Council Liaison
- Elaine Barton, Chair
- Trisha Hamm, Vice-Chair @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Christopher Bathurst, Commission Member
- Rich Gelbman, Commission Member
- Michael Stahlmann, Commission Member
- John Wahl, Commission Member
- Allan Worm, Commission Member @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>